This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Merconnet Electronics and its website www.merconnet.com
|Address:||#30-9088 Halston Court|
|City, Zip:||Burnaby , V3N 4L8|
This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, And Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access To And Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We know that as an online shopper, you are very concerned about the security and privacy of your shopping experience. We at Merconnet have taken several steps to ensure the overall integrity of your purchase.
Integrity of Merconnet Online Store
Firstly, Merconnet Electronics is an actual brick-and-mortar company with offices in Burnaby, BC. We also have on-site, dedicated customer service staff. This is unlike the dubious outsourced service of other online merchants, who may or may not list a physical address or even a country of origin. We're real, and we're here to assist you!
Several measures are in place to protect you while utilizing our website. Merconnet is independently verified by the GoDaddy Premium Trust program, a trusted name in antivirus software and online security, to be secure for the consumer and free of viruses, “phishing” scams, and any other similar threats. You can see Godaddy’s logo at the bottom of the page. McAfee's security scan is done on a daily basis.
Integrity of the Shopping Experience
A common complaint with the online shopping experience is the inability to see and touch the product, to “kick the tires” so to speak. We make sure we arm you with everything we can so you can make an informed purchase and get the item you really want. All Merconnet product pages contain features and specification lists, as well as informative descriptions. Also, product pages display plenty of large, high-resolution photos showing the product from multiple angles. We also suggest ways to use the product and we pass on any hints and tips we feel are useful.
Merconnet store offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee with all purchases. We accept all new and unopened products within 30 days of purchase for full refunds and there is an easy system in place to replace products in the unlikely event you receive a non-functioning item. Please visit our Return Request page for more information.
All of our packages are sent from Burnaby to Canada via Canada Post and from Point Roberts, WA, to the USA and international destinations by USPS. Every order you place with us comes with an order confirmation email that contains your order tracking number. Through the “My Account” link in the upper right of the main page, you can track the status of your order at every stage, giving you added peace of mind.
Merconnet knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will process it carefully and sensibly. We take your privacy very seriously. We will never rent or sell your information to any third parties, and we will only use the information we collect from you to convey your order or to send you to select special offers and e-mails at your request.
Credit Card Safeguard
When you place an order through the Merconnet Store, your personal information is securely encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on a secure server. We are PayPal verified, and accept PayPal for your convenience. And should you elect to pay via credit card, your credit card information is protected in the following ways:
- 128-bit encryption to and from the servers and web browser.
- Credit card numbers are not stored in our database. We keep on file only the last 4 digits in cases where we need to verify the card that was used.
- Once the information is transmitted to our servers for processing, we use even stronger “back-end” encryption to transmit the request to our payment processor in order to verify the credit card and place an authorization for the order total.
- If the authorization, address verification and risk assessment all clear, the order is accepted and a one-time unique ID is associated with the order for purposes of billing the previous authorization. This ID cannot be used to place further authorizations or bill more than the original authorization. It contains no identifiable link to the credit card number.
- Once that ID has been used to bill the order (which happens only once the order begins shipping), it is no longer valid and cannot be used to authorize or bill again.